Saturday, November 30, 2013

Two Words, People: Garth. Brooks.

Who watched Garth Brooks on tv last night? This girl.  I had forgotten how much I just really love Garth Brooks because he retired. I mean, I had forgotten because he retired. I don't love him because he retired. When he retired I was actually like, dude? ... but the thunder?? ... who's gonna roll it???  (The thunder, people. Who's gonna roll the THUNDER. I know how y'all think, I know where your mind just went.)
But last night I watched Garth Brooks, and at first I was like, Garth!!! You're back, dude!!

And then he weaved old school music into his show and THAT SHIT WAS ART, PEOPLE, and I was like, oh crap, I forgot how awesome you are.
And then he played short pieces of his songs in between and I pumped my fist in the air and was all, AND THEY CALL THE THING RODEOOOOOOO!!!!
And then I was like, dammit you just played George Strait, I freaking love you.
And then he sang with Trisha Yearwood and it was all flashback to the duets from back in the day.
And then he slowed shit down and I was all, if tomorrrrooooowwww nevvvvvveeerrrr cooommmmmeeesss. 
And then he sang Shameless, and I was rocking out, and yelling the last line with him all, I'M SHAMELESSSSSSSSS!!!
And then he said, "alright! Thanks for coming out!" And I cut my solo short because I did a double take to the tv screen all, wtf, Garth???  I think you forgot one very important piece to this puzzle.
And then he sang The Piano Man, which is one of the greatest songs of all time, and I love it because Billy Joel is the freaking bomb, and I sang, sing us a song you're the piano man!! but it wasn't exactly what I was waiting for, because hello? this is a Garth Brooks show .........
And then he strummed his guitar all slow and started
.......... Blame it all on my roots, I showed up in boots, and ruined your black tie affair .....
And I sang at the top of my lungs, in my living room, and relived the bad-ass-ness that was the music of my formidable years.  And it was awesome.  Garth Brooks, yo.  Garth Brooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment