Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's 2014, Bitch

Well, I think it's safe to say that 2013 pretty much sucked ass for me and mine, so I'm hoping that 2014 comes in like the fucking Hulk and smashes shit into awesomeness.  I used to make lots of New Year's resolutions every year that most people would consider standard and "important".  You know, shit like reach my ultimate financial goals, lose the extra weight, be healthy, be motivated, kick ass, be a better person, etc etc etc.  But, you know what, you guys?  I think that shit's really overrated.  I've kind of learned that it doesn't matter what you set out to do, life just fucking happens.  And you've gotta either deal with it the best way you know how to at that exact moment, pray to whoever you pray to that you find a way to make peace with whatever happened and move on, or just make the decision to let your spirit die. 
So for this year, my New Year's resolution is simply this:  don't let my motherfucking spirit die.  And while it may not seem productive or proactive or whatever to some people, it means a lot to me.  Which is what I think resolutions are meant to be, anyway.  Important to you.  So for this year, people, do what's important to you.  Do what means something to you.  I'm gonna try to just get through each day with my motherfucking spirit in tact.  And maybe buy a cactus to try and keep alive too.  I don't know.  It feels like a lot of pressure.  I'm still up in the air about that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment