Thursday, July 17, 2014

Mint Chocolate Chip. Always.

Ok.  So I haven't written a post in a while.  I know this.  And I have no valid excuse other than to say that I've been on vacation, and my spirit has apparently shunned all forms of responsibility including, but not limited to:  checking email, returning texts, watching the news, cooking valid meals, and plucking my eyebrows.  But this morning, I finally did check my email because I was like, oh shit, work's probably gonna start again soon. I should probably check to make sure that it hasn't already started and that I haven't started off a new term with spectacular flakiness.  
But, luckily, I haven't missed the opening day, but it is just around the corner.  And my  responsibility-shunning spirit, that had been so full of joy and had finally recovered from last year's sleep deprivation, wept a little and called the calendar a dream-killing douche-canoe.  And then, the sadness and responsibility crept into my body like Emily Rose's demons, and I had the choice to stay my course, and get ready to go back to work, or leave and become a rodeo clown.  But I didn't think that being a rodeo clown would pay all of my bills, and if you have to supply your own barrel, I'd be screwed anyway, so I accepted defeat, slowly slumped to the ground and whispered, I choose to stay
On the upside, though, this summer I found out that my local Baskin-Robbins has a drive-thru.  I'm pretty stoked about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment